Make the most informed decisions possible, accomplish development goals within the timeline desired, and gain the strongest return for your investment. Before any developer, builder, or homeowner contracts to make land improvements, our job begins. ProTerra Design Group can help you transform raw or previously developed land into a site appropriately prepared for the work to come.
During the initial planning stages, we step in to take an objective look at your site and identify your property’s development possibilities. This takes into account zoning constraints, surrounding land uses, engineering, permits, and infrastructure. We then develop a comprehensive feasibility study to detail topography issues, available utilities, site access, conservation areas, drainage, and community concerns along with forecasted cost and construction duration. Our feasibility studies provide clients with the intelligence they need to determine whether or not a site is ideally suited for a given project.
Once you’re ready to transform a site into developed land, we’ll work collaboratively with you during the next critical engineering stage. Licensed throughout the Northeast, ProTerra Design Group will help you successfully obtain the requisite permits for your important project and plan your site design – from layout through grading, utilities, drainage, and construction oversight. Work with us to develop an efficient and effective project strategy that begins with obtaining entitlements and permits along with local and state agency approvals.
During this phase, ProTerra Design Group orchestrates a multitude of specialized disciplines to make sure your project is an overwhelming success. We help you navigate rigorous processes including reviews by local planning boards, zoning boards, and conservation and professional third parties. The size, scope, and complexity of your project generally dictate the duration of the engineering stage.
Partner with a team committed to producing highly efficient and cost-effective projects. Contact us to learn more.
Land Development Engineering Services
- Feasibility Studies
- Site Grading, Utility and Drainage Design Plans
- Site Plan Review, Subdivision Design, and Permitting
- Drainage Studies and Stormwater Management Plans
- Hydrology and Hydraulics Modeling and Analysis
- Erosion Control Plans
- Design Standards and Specifications Preparation
- Roadway Alignment and Traffic Flow Analysis
- Construction and Public Bidding Administration
- Third-party Peer Reviews
- Soil Testing, Septic System Design and Inspection
- Small Scale and Decentralized Wastewater Treatment Plant Design
- Ground Water Discharge Permits
- Sewer Connection and Extension
- Highway Entrance Permits
- Development Impact Statements
- Special Permits, Zoning Changes, and Variances
- Topographic and Boundary Surveys
- ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys
- Construction Stake-out
- Architectural Support Services
- Landscape Architecture
- Traffic Studies